Friday, June 28, 2013

Riding a Bike

Today I was asked why I ride my bike as much and as many miles as I do. My response was really quite simple.I needed to get into shape to start.. BUT then when you think about doing a 100 mile ride for a cause and it may help someone that changes things. So here is the question: If you could ride a bike 100 miles and you knew it would save a child's life from cancer, or some other life threatening disease would you do it? Not to mention in the process you may save your own.. That's why! So since my mom died of cancer, my sister is a cancer survivor as is my step mom,my father has diabetes as does one of my very best friends, last but not least I just Had a friend just collapse from a serious heart issue and Thank God he is still alive but still in the hospital, I will pedal my BUTT off for any worthy cause no matter how far it is if I feel it will help out one person or perhaps save a persons life. Not to mention in the process I will be prolonging my own life so I can enjoy my family,children,grand children as long as I can..

No comments:

Post a Comment